Underrepresented in Tech Media Kit
Underrepresented in Tech was designed and built with the goal of demystifying diversity. Fear of tokenization and awkwardness blocks many leaders from reaching out to diverse individuals. This roadblock prevents amazing people from finding amazing opportunities. We built this tool so that if you want to prioritize diversity, you can, at no cost to either party.
It’s all about ending underrepresentation in tech.
In the Press
- Michelle Frechette on Diversity and Inclusion of Underrepresented Groups in Tech
- Newsletter Mention
- Podcast Mention
Double Stack Interview
Torque Social Hour
WP Owls WordPress Newsletter
- Underrepresented people can add themselves.
- Which others can search for underrepresented people.
- All information in the database is skill-centric/personal details are not published.
- Photos are optional to minimize bias.
- Contact information within the profile can be limited.
- Members can request changes or to be removed from the database at any time.
Go to the database (submission side)
Go to the database (search side)
- Published weekly on Thursdays.
- Hosted by Allie Nimmons and Michelle Frechette.
- Occasionally features guests from the WordPress community.
- Each episode comes with full transcripts of the conversation.
- Structured to provide content for both underrepresented people and allies.
- 113 episodes and 12,000 downloads (as of November 2023)
Michelle Frechette is the Director of Community Engagement for StellarWP at Liquid Web.
Michelle was called “The busiest woman in WordPress,” by Matt Mullenweg at WCUS 2022.
In addition to her work at StellarWP, Michelle is the Podcast Barista at WPCoffeeTalk.com, cofounder of underrepresentedintech.com, creator of WPSpeakers.com creator of wpcareerpages.com, the president of the board for BigOrangeHeart.org, Director of Community Relations and contributor at PostStatus.com, co-host of the WPMotivate podcast, co-host of the Audacity Marketing podcast, host of the WP Constellations podcast, author, and a frequent organizer and speaker at WordPress events.
Michelle lives outside of Rochester, NY where she’s an avid nature photographer. You can learn more about Michelle at meetmichelle.online.
Allie is an Austin-based, self-taught WordPress evangelist.
She went from self-teaching basic code and website design in 2014, to her first agency job using WordPress in 2015, to running Pixel Glow Web Design from 2016-2019. She currently owns Beedia Productions, providing editing, voice over, and production services to companies like Kinsta, WP 101 and LinkedIn Learning.
Allie loves talking about and connecting through WordPress. Her biggest joy comes in attending and speaking at WordPress meetups, virtual events, and WordCamps.